Tuesday, April 12, 2022

A few autumn Sarracenia leucophylla pitchers

Despite 2021-22 being such a lackluster season, the Sarracenia leucophylla are putting up a few nice traps this year. As I parted with most of my S. leucophylla in 2019, I have only a few left, including this plant from Strange World Carnivores with lovely white windows and strong venation.

Sarracenia leucophylla (autumn 2022 pitchers)

Sarracenia leucophylla (autumn 2022 pitchers)  Sarracenia leucophylla (autumn 2022 pitchers)

I managed to catch this incredible view of it lit up by the setting sun the other week - beautiful beyond words! The photo doesn't do it justice...

Sarracenia leucophylla (autumn 2022 pitchers) Sarracenia leucophylla (autumn 2022 pitchers)

My S. leucophylla collection now consists of only the above clone, some cv. "Tarnok", a pink plant that I call 'Pink English' for Carol English who grew it from seed (noting it may be the same plant that Triffid Park sell as 'Ruby Joyce'), and a rather white hooded clone also from Strange World Carnivores. 

To finish off, here's the white hooded clone. I did briefly have 'Hurricane Creek White', which is much, much whiter than this plant, but it unfortunately died in an extremely hot summer before I could divide it.

Sarracenia leucophylla (autumn 2022 pitchers)

JN.