Sunday, April 10, 2022

We're back online!

 Its been a while... and with COVID blues, a new job, a new computer with no offline blog writer, locking myself out of the blog and being waylaid mid-COVID with a secret project, times have been... interesting. But with some encouragement (thanks Damo!), the blog is back!

Speaking of which: Damian Poromboka (said Damo above) has just started a beautiful website for CPs here in Canberra. Its well worth a visit and is much more slick than mine! Here's the link:

https://carnivorousplantsbydamo.com/

The 2020-21 season was surprisingly better than 2021-22 season that is just ending up. Here's how it started:

Sarracenia collection, November 2020

Spring 2020 was not too windy, so the plants looked ok for some time. I didn't take too many photos at the time unfortunately, so here's what I have:

Sarracenia flava var. atropurpurea “FRT 1-1”; 2020-21 season

I have to re-start the blog with my favourite plant of course - FRT 1-1.  When newly opened, the pitchers do develop the bluish sheen seen here...

I'm also keen to not write such long blog posts, so I'll trickle feed the photos on over the next few days...

Till then...

JN.